Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Starters.


The cards in this collection cover an array of styles and themes. For starters, here's a get well card sent to my great-great aunt Carrie Martin in the 1950s:


Most of the cards from this era also have charming illustrations on the inside, too, and sweet little verses:

Although I can't imagine any of the senders of these cards would care or are even still alive, I'll be removing names and signatures...when I can remember to!

Another get-well card from the same era. This just screams "late 50s" to me--or should I say, chirps it?

And one more:


Inside:


2 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks for sharing these treasures. They are beautiful cards. Look forward to seeing more!!

bwgayoso said...

TFS! I love to see vintage cards ; ) These cards are beautiful!