Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Groovy.


Let's visit the 70's for some birthday greetings, shall we?

This card was sent by my mom to one of her parents or one of her siblings who were still living at home, in 1969 or 1970. (I can pinpoint the date because she didn't put my name on the card, and I came along in late 1970.)


Inside it reads, "Wishing you a big bright beautiful birthday!" The rays and all the little round things are embossed, and the orange background has a lightly embossed paintbrush-stroke texture. This totally makes me think of my childhood!

My aunt Molly sent this one to her little sister Carol, in the early 70's. Remember Holly Hobbie being plastered on every flat surface? So sweet and innocent.


The daisies are a very 70's feature, too. I've been reading this book about Laurel Canyon in L.A. and all the drugs and sex and hedonism of the 1970's, but all I remember is prairie dresses and happy sunshine and flowers. It's good to be a kid!

3 comments:

itsallrosi said...

these are fun!

Melanie Strohecker said...

Oh Janelle! Thanks for sharing these. They are GREAT!

Heidi Ann said...

I love that sun card. That is exactly the same type of thing that I would have loved and saved back in my teenage years.