Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kitties.


When you want to convey sweetness and comfort, some people think a kitten is just the animal for the job. You'll be seeing more kittens later, oh yes you will!


Inside:

This card folds out one more time to provide a full blank sheet on the inside where the sender can--and did--write a nice letter, dated January 13, 1959. She wrote a Bible verse on the inside and several more with her letter, plus a few homey details: "Last evening Ruth, children and I were to Gable girls awhile they seemed so glad and said we should come some more. Harvey took us over before the men started to milk and then fetched us after chores."

This is another card that was sent to my great-great aunt Carrie.

2 comments:

VanC said...

What a lovely idea to share a bit of the past with the present and get a glimpse into "the Good Old Days". Thanks!
My mother has many of the cards and Valentines my Granny got as a young girl in an album. I never even thought to scan them to preserve them for all the rest of the children and grandkids.

liannallama said...

ohmigoodness! I love this. What a darling image!

Do you mind if I copy your images to make my own cards and such? A lot of us stamping gals like to print out image shares for our ATC swaps and such!